Thursday, January 17, 2008

Testing, but not Much to Tell

KCMarie left a comment reminding me that I hadn't updated you all on my adventures with home pregnancy tests over the past couple of days, and I realized I had been a bit neglectful in my blogging. Rest assured, however, that you have not missed much despite my negligence. Wednesday's test at 10 dpo (that's days post-ovulation for those at home) was negative, and no matter what angle I looked at the test I couldn't make out the faintest line in that blizzard of white. But I reminded myself that it is still early and planned to test again today.

This morning I woke up, groggily dragged myself out of bed, and went to the bathroom. Just after I finished I realized that I was supposed to pee in a cup not the toilet. Crap. So my plans to test this morning went out the window. But there is always tomorrow I guess. Perhaps I should place a pee up on the toilet seat lid lest I am less than alert tomorrow morning as well.

So the bottom line is that there is no news to share. Maybe tomorrow folks.

7 comments:

Meghan said...

10 days is probably way too early.

Good luck!

sarah23 said...

It doesn't *really* matter, as long as you don't drink anything before urine #2. The whole point of testing in the morning is to get your urine concentrated. As long as you don't drink anything before going a second time (and it's OK if it's only a few drops), it'll be super concentrated.

Good luck to you tomorrow AM!!

jenn said...

I hope it's just too early for you.

I wish we could both get those 2 perfect lines on the same morning- but I'm waiting until next week. I figure if I am- I am. If I'm not- I should find out soon enough anyway...

Prairie Girl said...

I tested way too early this time around too. Hoping tomorrow brings you and I, double lines! :)

Kelly said...

What's the good word - fellow pb & chocolate lover? Did you test this morning? Where is our update?? ~~positive vibes~~ sent your way:)

By the way, I absolutely LOVE pb twixs, reese piece, and pb cups too!! YUM!! Do you have Cold Stone out there?? They have an awesome concoction of choc ice cream, hot fudge, pb, and pb cups! It's to die for!!!

Maria said...

good luck with testing. it's still early so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. this is always the part of the cycle that makes my hands shake with fear and anticipation.

Jen said...

I'll post a blog over the weekend but the 12dpo result was also negative, I'm afraid.

Oh and Kelly we do have a cold stone out here. I am definitely going to have to try that. So yummy sounding!