I'm feeling very special right now because Nancy tagged me for the Seven Random Things list. So here are are the seven random things about me:
1. I grew up with horribly crooked teeth, which I was horribly self conscience about for years. After 5 years of braces and 2 jaw surgeries starting at age 23, I finally got what I wanted. And let me tell you, I have no problem in remembering to wear my retainer after forking out all that $$$.
2. Jeramy and I first met in marching band when he was in 8th grade and I was in 9th. He was playing the bass drum and I was on cymbals (since oboes don't march). And my first impression of him was not particularly favorable. If somebody would have told me that we'd be married 6 years later, I'd probably would have probably had them admitted to an insane asylum.
3. Jeramy and I started dating after we had health class together when he was in 10th grade and I was in 11th. So I can honestly say that we began our relationship by taking sex ed. Obviously I must have been distracted by new-found love, because I apparently learned nothing about how to make a baby.
4. I authored psychology reports for 4 pipefitters during their apprenticeship. I made $100 apiece except for Jeramy's which I did for free. My favorite one was on voyeurism.
5. I'm obsessed with Jane Austen. I've read all the books and seen all the moves. Many times. If she were alive, I'd probably be some creepy stalker.
6. I majored in chemistry, but I'm a complete klutz in the lab (or anywhere for that matter). Since sulfuric acid and I don't get along, I decided to move on to an office job.
7. I'll cry over just about anything. Take last night for example. I cried during the news because an Oregon couple finally got to adopt their 2 year old son. Then I cried during Charlie Gibson's interview of Senator Biden, and his story about losing his 29 year old wife and 18 month old son in a car wreck years and years ago. I never did this when I was younger. But as an adult, anything can trigger tears.
I can't possibly think of 7 more people to tag, seeing as everybody else has already done this. So I'm tagging my Aunt Cheryl and Uncle Barry, because yes, I have family members that are cool enough to blog.