Monday, December 3, 2007

A Monsoon has hit Seattle

By the time you read this post, there is a good chance that Seattle will have been swept into Puget Sound. It has been raining heavily here for over 24 hours now. Yes, I know Seattle has a reputation as a rainy place. However, it got that due to those endless stretches of days filled with a dreary drizzle. What we've been experiencing is a drenching down pour.

The effects have certainly been felt at my house. There is now a lake between the garage and where our jeep is stored. We have a leak coming out at the door frame to my office. On the way to work this morning I wasn't sure if I was in a vanpool or a hydroplane-pool. It's 8:30am right now and it looks more like 6pm out my window.

Yuck. I hope this stops soon.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm in in Everett - aka the dreaded "convergence zone." We got snow this weekend and now the floating away is a definite possibility. I stopped by the grocery store on the way home and the parking lot was flooded!

Stay safe!

Meghan said...

uggg...we've got the droughts over here, sorry we can;t take some of it off your hands!