Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Flashback Wednesday

Well, I'm not going back in time very far today (August 2004), because I ran across this picture that always makes me laugh. Yes, this is a picture of our boat on our car trailer. To me, its really depicts the essence of being a white trash redneck.

The story behind this is that we left to go Sockeye fishing on Lake Washington at about midnight the night before this pic was taken. I do realize that this lake is only 10 miles away from our house, but Sockeye fisheries are a very rare and popular event around here and you've got to get in line at the boat launch in the middle of the night in order to be fishing by sunrise. Anyhow, on our way we got a flat tire, but that was no problem because we had a spare. So soon enough we were out on the water and catching plenty of fish. Unfortunately on the way home, about a mile away from our house, the second tire blew out. And of course we didn't have a second spare tire. After mulling over our very limited options, Jeramy went and got the car trailer, which led to the scene above. It was a pretty crazy sight to behold driving down the road.

3 comments:

jenn said...

I just find it amazing that you have both a boat & a car trailer! hee hee!

My hub would have a field day with your toys!

Jen said...

We also have a quad trailer and motorcycle trailer. Yes 4 trailers. I am still in disbelief over that fact.

nancy said...

lol. I've seen this picture many times and it makes me laugh each time I see it.