Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning to Look alot Like Christmas

The tree is decorated, the cards are out, the presents are wrapped, and I spent the whole weekend baking. Oh and Jeramy seems to be coming down with some flu-like bug. So yes, it's beginning to feel a whole lot like the holidays around here.

Now I have to say that I'm a pretty crappy wife when it comes to the nursing component of the job. Maybe I don't have a whole lot of nurture in me, but Jeramy's whining grates on me. But remembering what a baby I become at the slightest hint of a cold, I tried to block all that out and take care of him. I picked up cough drops and tomato soup at the grocery store. I helped him build an absurdly hot fire to combat his chills. I loaned him my body basal thermometer to take his temperature (how accurate is that anyhow???). I tried not to think of the dollars he'll fail to earn if he stays home sick tomorrow. Oh and I let him repeat himself over and over, which was apparently caused by his cold induced drunken-like state. I didn't flee the house in an attempt to save myself from his presumably highly-contagious germs, which I'm sure will take hold of me just as I start my long weekend on Friday. You know, I think that his being sick is almost worse than me being sick.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'd have to say it's always worse when they're sick. Good luck with your sanity and I hope your hubby is well soon!

jenn said...

mine is just as bad- heck, i didn't complain as much with the 'exploding kidney' as he does with a cold!

Happy said...

Ugh! When the husband is sick the world revolves around him. How come when I'm sick I somehow don't act like a bee-atch?

Jen said...

Why yes dear, you are.

Amanda said...

Ahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!! You two are too funny!!!!