Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Jeramy had a good Father's Day weekend, I think. Nothing fancy. I made breakfast (crepes, bacon and eggs) and gave him a card from Jillian and a card from Cujo. Later in the day we stopped by my dad's house and then went to Jeramy's dad's house for a BBQ. It was our second BBQ of the weekend actually, although the weather did not really hold up for such festivities. Luckily we have mastered the art of evening gatherings with Jillian, and I have learned to put her in pajamas before leaving so that we can just transfer her from the car seat to her crib when arriving home. It works great actually, and I'd almost consider doing that every night if it didn't preempt bathtime which is becoming more and more necessary thanks to finger foods.

So hopefully Jeramy enjoyed his day, because he really is an awesome dad. Jillian does prefer him to me without a doubt. It was especially apparent at the BBQ's. When he'd enter a room she would immediately want him, and if he left a room she'd cry (especially if she were tired and the closer to bedtime it got the louder she'd cry!). And who can blame her really. He tosses her in the air, helps her do flips, teaches her how to stand on her own, and is an all around good time. Mom, on the other hand, is certainly doing her best to fulfill the role of bad cop.

Jillian is constantly in motion these days. It isn't just the crawling and the pulling up on everything either. Even just trying to put her pajamas on her at night has become mission impossible. Every damn snap pattern is different and trying to figure it out with a twisting, kicking, screaming infant lengthens the time necessary for dressing infinitesimally. Why did those parenting classes waste my time with breathing exercises? They should have given me some robotic baby and make me spend hours trying to dress it. That would have actually been useful!

Meanwhile Jeramy has been doing trim work, and I have actually finished a knitting project. Check it out...




9 comments:

Sunny said...

The room is looking TOO AWESOME! You are never going to want to leave!

I dread diaper changes as you dread pajama time. And here I thought the nasty poop was the difficult part! No, Bean SHRIEKS and KICKS and GRABS MY HANDS away. It's nearly impossible to get through it. Strangely, no amount of my strong reasoning works to calm him down.

BigP's Heather said...

You two are both so freaking gifted!!! Both photos look fantastic! (of course, the one with the baby is infinitely more adorable!!)

nancy said...

lol.. I sat here looking at the picture of the room trying to find the knitting project in the picture. I'm not smart.

The room looks great - i bet you are so so so happy to be getting this far! Can I do a husband swap for a few months so I can get an add-on to my house? Please? My husband is really good with kids - just not 'handy' at all. You can do with him as you please. ~wink~

I love the little dress! is it attached to the skirt? Did you make the skirt too?

It sounds like you had a good father's day weekend. My girls are the same with daddy - such daddy girls. I'm totally the 'bad cop' too. This is why I'm so hyped to have Karl now - finally ~I~ get a baby!!!

Jen said...

Yeah I guess it is really more of a knitting/sewing project. I'm not that good at sewing but I can improvise well enough to make a skirt.

Kelly said...

Your room looks awesome!! YAY Jeramy:) I love Jillian's dress... did you find the pattern on Ravelry?

Anonymous said...

Wow! The room looks great and Jillian is just too cute for words! :)

Jamie said...

You guys are quite the productive/active little family!

Happy Father's Day, Jeramy!

Nicky said...

The most complicated DIY project we have ever done was to install a doorbell, and it took a few tries, and it's still a little wonky. I'm in awe of that bedroom.

Barb said...

I haven't knitted in so long and that's SO CUTE!!! I wish I lived near you so you could show me stuff when I get stuck. I ALSO wish I lived near you so I could pay your hubby to FIX THE CRAPPY STUFF IN OUR HOUSE THAT MY HUB LEFT THAT WAY!


;-)