Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Crazy 8's

Sunny tagged me for crazy 8's. I'm generally horrible when it comes to responding to being tagged, but since I don't want her to feel miffed and refuse future cupcake dates I figured I would join in the fun. Plus I don't quite have the energy for real post although there is much to be said on exciting topics from teething to crawling.

So here we go...

The rules (not that I'm any good at following rules):

1. Mention the person who tagged me.
2. Complete the lists of 8.
3. Tag 8 more bloggers and tell them they've been tagged.

The lists of 8:

Eight things I'm looking forward to
1. Seeing Green Day in July
2. Staying the night in a hotel after the Green Day concert...baby free!!!
3. Summer weather in Seattle. It has even started early this year
4. Moving into our new master bedroom. Mudding and taping has commenced and now it is time to start shopping paint colors.
5. Having a nice, cool basement for those hot summer evenings
6. The arrival of Jillian's teeth, which will hopefully be accompanied by getting a full night of sleep consistently
7. River fishing this fall. The pink salmon are running this year (they run every other year), which means it should be a lot of fun.
8. The arrival of my yarn order so that I can make this.

Eight things I did yesterday
1. Work.
2. Slept in the vanpool on the way home. That accomplishes two things: catching up on my lack of sleep and ignoring my annoying van-mates.
3. Folded laundry
4. Shared a popsicle with Jillian. She is waaayyyy into popsicles these days.
5. Worked on knitting this sundress for Jillian. (sorry the link only works if you have a Ravelry account).
6. Fed Jillian a jar of carrots/apples/mangos for dinner. I say ewww but she thought it was yummy.
7. Took a half hour walk around the south end of Lake Union on my lunch break.
8. Watched The Happening with Jeramy. I'm still feeling more than a little creeped out.

Eight things I wish I could do
1. Lose weight while eating anything and as much as I wanted.
2. Afford to hire a maid service
3. Keep plants alive (I'm trying again this summer...we'll see how it goes)
4. Relax and let things go
5. Drive competently
6. Dress with sophistication as opposed to slop
7. Get on What not to Wear (for the vacation to NYC, free wardrobe and makeover and not so much the being made fun of on national TV)
8. Sleep eight hours every night

Eight shows I watch
1. Lost
2. Bones
3. Desperate Housewives
4. My Name is Earl
5. Grey's Anatomy
6. 30 Rock
7. Weeds
8. Big Love
Of course none of that is on right now so I spend my days watching TLC marathons and re-runs of M*A*S*H

Eight favorite fruits (thank God you didn't ask about vegis!)
1. Blueberries
2. Strawberries
3. Cherries
4. Raspberries
5. Grapes
6. Peaches
7. Kiwis
8. Marionberry pie...or strawberry rhubarb...or peach...or razzelberry...okay. Pie. Does that count?

Eight places I'd like to travel
1. Italy
2. England
3. France
4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. The Caribbean
7. Any place in Hawaii besides Waikiki
8. Alaska. But this time during a good salmon season.

Eight places I've lived
1. SeaTac, Washington
2. Normandy Park, Washington
3. Des Moines, Washington
4. Maple Valley, Washington
That's it. I've lived in South King County my entire life, and only in 4 places. Unless you start counting week long vacations, you can't get 8 responses from me in this category.

Tagging: I tag Jennifer, Cece, Jenn, Nicky, Nancy, JaimeD, Jewels and Kelly. You're sooooo welcome!

8 comments:

Sunny said...

Ooh la la, look at you, Frenchy McFrencherson! The scarf will be lovely. :)

Thanks for playing along with the meme. I thought it was a nice easy fun one.

Cupcakes soon!

Nicky said...

I can only get to eight places I've lived if I include two-week summer camps. And even then, it's a stretch.

Since you only listed 4 places, I assume that you then only have to tag 4 people, and I'm off the hook. Right? :)

George said...

I love learning new things about my bloggy friends! Thanks for the tag too!!! ; )

Kelly said...

Thanks for the tag... I'll get right on that:)

Is Miss Jillian on the move now? Watch out!!

Birdee said...

Ha!ha! =D

KandiB said...

Maybe we'll pass each other walking around South Lake Union one day. If it's soon, I'll be the one who has a GINORMOUS stomach (baby). In a few months, I'll be the one with the ginormous stomach with nothing to blame it on except my horrible exercise habits!

Jamie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who can't completely fill out "Eight Places I've Lived"!!

Thanks for the tag!

Barb said...

Green Day - WOO HOO!! And those photos of Jillian in the next post are too cute.