Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wishing I had something interesting to say

The title of this post really says it all, I'm afraid. My weekend, all three days of it, was wonderfully boring. I did just a little housework. A little knitting. A little napping. A few errands. Part of me wishes I had been more productive, but the rest of me just doesn't really care. I guess the only real problem is that I now have absolutely nothing to blog about. Well nothing interesting at least.

Things seem to be progressing on the pregnancy front. I am now 8 weeks and 1 day, and my next glimpse of Spot is now less than a week away. In the meantime, I am trying to take assurance in the statistics I found via Dr. Google and assuming that everything is just fine. I think I'll feel better after the ultrasound. And a little better after I pass the 10 week mark. And a little better after I finish the 1st trimester. And a little better after the 20 week ultrasound. And a little better after I actually give birth to a living human being. But of course actually having a child will kick-off a whole new cycle of worry I'm sure.

Now on to symptoms, which I'm pretty sure nobody but me cares too much about. I am happy to report much relief in the constipation department and things seem to be *ahem* moving along. I still don't really have what I would call morning sickness, but my stomach frequently takes on a general feeling of discontent. Also instead of cravings, I've found myself repulsed by some of my favorite foods like pepperoni pizza and coffee. Oh and I'm still tired but the exhaustion is not nearly as bad as it was a week ago. So basically I'm feeling fine and not particularly pregnant.

9 comments:

Kathy V said...

It is interesting that you are at 8 weeks. Interesting is probably not the right word there but you used it first. Glad things are going well. I like your posts so don't worry if you don't think they are interesting.

Mazzy said...

I am so glad to read that things are still going well-uneventful is GOOD right now.
Cannot wait for your next scan.

George said...

Looking forward to you ultrasound! Your symptoms sounds like mine. I totally hear you about the worrying...it will never end, especially after the baby arrives! :)

CanadianMama said...

Good to hear you are feeling ok! I had more food adversions than cravings in the beginning too.
I found a website that will email you an update weekly on what is going on with your little bean.
babycentre.com
It helped to ease my worries (replaced them with excitment about what is going on) and make the baby seem a little more real.

Jessica said...

Good think about the coffee repulsion. Caffeine is now linked to miscarriage in "high doses" (the amount in two(!) or more cups of coffee a day). Who knew just two cups of coffee had a "high dose" of caffeine?? So if you can have it, you might as well be repulsed by it. :)

Thx for stopping by my blog. I certainly hope I don't have to resort to Clomid and the likes, but we'll see...

Geohde said...

Uneventful is nice.

And fwiw, I felt pretty good with twins, minimal pukiness.

J

Nicky said...

Yeah, by 8-9 weeks, I ended up repulsed by all food. My unasked-for advice: force yourself to eat something small anyway, every 2-3 hours. If you haven't had much nausea yet, avoiding food is a sure way to bring it on. Blech.

Maria said...

Man, that so true. There really is always a cycle of worry. And how do we break it?

Good luck at your u/s next week!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on "boring". Uneventful is just how we want it!

I can't wait to hear about your next wonderful scan!