Monday, August 6, 2007

What I Get for Whining...

Well I learned my lesson about whining that we weren't going to get to fish this weekend due to Jeramy working. Friday evening at the end of a 12 hour day, Jeramy got hurt at work. A carpenter left a board out that bowed up in the sun, and Jeramy tripped over it and sprained his knee. He tried to hold off on getting any treatment with the hope that it would heal quickly and he could work this weekend. But by 2am Saturday morning, it hurt bad enough that I took him to the ER to get it checked out. Nothing is broken, but he has to wear a brace on his knee to immobilize it and help it heal. We've been told that it could take several weeks for this to heal. Ugh!

So not only did I not go fishing, but Jeramy didn't even get the planned overtime pay.


I used the time at home to get some crocheting done and finished the purse I've been making. The strap is a little longer than I would have liked, but it is cute and sturdy. I just need to line it and then it's ready to go.