Sunday, August 23, 2009

Into and Onto Everything

Whenever we take Jillian places people always seem impressed by her mobility. Then they look at me and tell me their sorry. I certainly appreciate their empathy because they're absolutely right. Keeping up with a fearless and mobile infant is hard work. And teeth have brought a new complication as she intends to bite all furniture in her path, as reflected by the $50 I blew at Babies R Us in an attempt to save the rails of her crib from further damage. As adorable as she is moving about, there are times I ache for that oh so brief period between the constant crying stage and crawling. And yet we keep encouraging her to hit milestone after milestone with our cheers and "yays". I even caught Jeramy coaxing her to take a couple of steps this afternoon.

Here are some examples of her latest feats (in addition to escaping through the dog door):

She climbed in this toy bin herself. She couldn't quite figure out how to exit it though. She would get frustrated, then play with some toys for a while, then try again.


She loves climbing on the step of this toy (which also happens to be the loudest toy on the planet)

Quite competent with her walk behind toy although she can't back-up yet.

I wish that I could say that standing is a new thing, but she has been doing it for a few weeks now. She can even squat down then stand back up then squat again then stand up...well you get the picture. I tried imitating her but discovered that it's really hard work (great for the leg muscles though)

8 comments:

Sunny said...

Oh my. Walking. Any day now.

Good luck!

Jamie said...

Wow - it seems like it is happening so fast! I can only imagine what it feels like to you.

George said...

Oh, she's sooooo close to walking - or should I say RUNNING! You poor thing...you are probably always on the run keeping up with her! She's very agile...my god-daughter is much the same - she started walking before 11 mo old.

Kelly said...

Yikes!! Mommy and Daddy are in for a workout when she gets full mobility!

jenn said...

she is still too adorable! I love the surprised face in the toy bucket!
good luck with keeping up with her- she's definitely going to be a handful!

Nicky said...

Wow. Count me among the ones who are impressed with her mobility. And the ones who are feeling sorry for you, at least a little bit. She is awfully cute, though.

George said...

Thanks for all the great Femara advice!

nancy said...

Go Jillian!!!

LOVE the fact you left her in the bucket to figure it out herself. Heh. ! :)