- She can stand for several seconds at a time (once for almost a minute) on her own. She is cruising around furniture with ease. I fear that walking is in the near future.
- She crawls up stairs with ease.
- She loves cans and bottles. Basically she wants anything we drink out of. One day last week when Jeramy and his mom were just out of reach she graped a nearly empty 2 liter of sprite and took a few gulps. When I heard the news I didn't know whether to be concerned at her consuming soda or impressed that she didn't spill any.
- Spitting has become a new found passion. Blowing raspberries on Daddy is a lot of fun. Spitting food all over the nearest adult is even more fun.
- She greatly enjoys babbling. And screaming. Holding screaming contests with her baby friends is among her favorite pasttimes. She also likes makes "s" sounds. I think that she is starting to get the hang of "dada" and "baba". Unfortunately "mama" has not made the list.
- She adores dogs and wants to pet (well really yank on) every one she comes across.
- She has gotten pretty proficient with her sippy cup. If other babies are nearby, stealing their sippy cups is great fun. She still prefers her bottle when it comes to drinking formula.
- Her two bottom teeth are pretty far through now. Very cute, and a little crooked. With her dad and my genes, I'm quite certain that several years of orthodontia are in her future.
- As you can tell by her pictures, she really is a very happy baby. I wouldn't call her an easy baby as she is quite demanding of your attention. But she has such a fun and vibrant personality. It is what I adore the most about her.
What I learned this month was that swim diapers are good at not absorbing water. They are not so good at holding in urine. This is what happened to me when I let Jillian sit on my lap after swimming.