- "Am I done pooping yet?" - It's painfully obvious when she is having a bowel movement. So much so that I'm hoping a switch to a gentler formula will ease things for her. What is not clear, however, is when she has finished and it seems that no matter how long I wait she decides to finish the job just as soon as I've put a fresh diaper on.
- "Am I really asleep yet?" - She looks like she is asleep, but just as soon as you move an inch those eyes are wide open again.
- "Am I waking up or just making noise in my sleep?" - This girl is so noisy that I have to wear ear plugs in order to sleep at night. And keep in mind that she is across the hall in the swing in her room.
- "Will my arms escape in my sleep and wake me up?" - Unless she is in her Miracle Blanket, the answer to this is almost always yes.
- "Why am I crying?" - Is that rooting for hunger or yawning for tiredness? Or is it both? Or do you just want to be put down for a few minutes? Or do you just want your pacifier? Or do you need a diaper change? Or do you need to be burped? Or are you just trying to remind me that my seemingly impossible mission in life is to cater to your ever need?
- "How long will I sleep for" - Will she cry the second I turn my back or will she sleep for 6 hours? (the 6 hours actually happened last night...it was heavenly)
- "What position will work in getting me to fall asleep" - here is a hint...it probably won't be the same position that worked yesterday or the day before.
- "Will I stay content in my bouncy chair long enough for you to shower?" - No matter what the activity I keep a running priority list in my head so that I can get the most crucial activities done before the fussiness erupts.
Luckily I was able to capture a couple happier moments on Halloween:
Now I must go because now that the baby is asleep the dog decided it was an opportune time to puke on the living room carpet. Go figure.