Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter (don't worry, no spoilers here)


I haven't posted in a little while. This is partly because my weekend was consumed by Harry Potter. I bought the final book at 12:53am on Saturday morning (yes, I was one of those people who went to the bookstore at midnight) and finished it Monday evening. I would have finished it sooner, but apparently those around me did not seem to think it was necessary to completely detach from life to read the book. As a result I had a 2 year old's birthday party to go to, dinner and movie with friends, my grandparents' 60th anniversary party, and even work. Plus I wanted to take a slow enough pace with the book to actually enjoy it. I have a bad habit of reading books so fast that I miss several key parts!

Anyhow, I'm not going to post any plot info here as I don't want to ruin it for anybody who has not yet finished. However, I will admit that after reading the last page a sadness came over me. It wasn't because of how the book ended. Rather, its just sad that the series is finished and there are no more books to look forward to. Perhaps there are support groups out there that I could join for Harry Potter induced clinical depression...

I'm sure Jeramy at least is happy that I'm done. For 3 days I did nothing but read, which left him with little companionship and allowed the house to become an absolute mess. Due to this neglect Jeramy even had to go as far as running a load of laundry for himself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know, i am not into harry potter at all. but i was SO interested to find out how this all ended! i had a friend summarize the whole "harry" plot that was throughout all the books. Not all the stories that happened to him, but the backbone of the series. And then she told me about all the "theories" about what could happen. I hooked into one of the theories - thinking how cool it would be if that was the idea throughout so many years.

So when people started reading it, I got the book's story summed up for me - including the ending. Yeah, I didn't understand much of it, but that backbone story and how JKR finished it up? Genius.

It ~almost~ makes me sad I didn't read them myself. Almost.