Thursday, April 19, 2007

Welcome to our blog

So I have decided to start a blog for Jeramy and I to share with our family and friends. It seems like our lives are so busy now that it is hard to stay in touch and let everybody know what we've been up to. So a blog seemed like a good solution. Plus you know what thrilling lives we lead. We are bound to win some sort of award for the most entertaining blog. Right?

Anyhow, to kick things off, I'm going to share with you the exciting events in store for our household over the next few months:

1. Allergies for Cujo: We are blessed with a canine with severe allergies to pretty much the entire outdoors. This includes trees, weeds, grass, fleas, and even cats. So around this time of year the itching begins, and it probably won't end until October. This picture shows Cujo in happier times, allergy wise.
















2. A Kitchen Re-model: I have decided to re-model the kitchen, and I'm dragging Jeramy along with me. At least (after 6 hours at Home Depot) I have found a way to transform him into a more willing participant in this process. Two words. New tools. No. Make that three words. New power tools.

3. Halibut Fishing: Jeramy and I are going with his mom and Mark Halibut fishing out of Westport in early May. We had such a good time in Alaska last summer that we put a deposit down on a trip for for the 4 of us as a Christmas present.

4. The Ultimate Road Trip: Old Faithful here we come. We are taking truck, camper, motorcycle, and Cujo and heading to Yellowstone for a week in late June along with Jeramy's dad, Vickie, and Uncle Dave.

5. Fixing up our yard: Since Jeramy and I were both in school the last couple of summers, our yard has become a bit of a wasteland. I came to this frightening realization a few weeks ago when searching for my house on GoogleEarth with co-workers. Yes, it was in the company of admired colleagues that I discovered that, from a satellite's point of view, we have the most redneck looking home within a several block radius. Then I went home and realized that it does not look much better standing on the ground either. I've already started with some weeding, new plants, fertilizer and weed killer. But there is so much more to do. And as many of you know, I'm severely lacking in the green thumb department, and Jeramy's outdoor allergies are rather similar to Cujo's if you replace the itching with a stuffy nose and watery eyes. So this will be a challenge.

Anyhow that's all for now. But be sure to check back for more fun-filled and nail-biting updates soon.

No comments: