Monday, September 6, 2010

She's a Fatty

Jeramy took Hayden in for her 4 month check-up and shots last week. I suspected that she's a big girl since she is nearly in size 3 diapers and in size 6-9 month clothing, and the stats confirmed it:

Height: 25.75" (90th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs 12 oz (95th percentile)
Head circumference: 17.25 (100th percentile)

Not only is she bigger than Jillian was at 4 months, she is a little bigger than Jillian at 6 months (she was 25.75" and 16 lbs 7 oz). When putting tights on her the other day, I threatened that what she really needed were some spanx! She has some serious thunder thighs and fat rolls. And yeah, I'm more than a little jealous that she makes it look cute whereas I make it look...well...not so cute.

She tolerated tummy time long enough the other day to show us that she is fully capable of rolling from front to back, and I can tell that rolling back to front will come as soon as she can move that pesky arm out of the way.

Oh my...it is going by way to fast.

3 comments:

jenn said...

This just made me look up Pumpkin's 4 month stats. Oh my- we have some chubbers! Except mine was a good inch shorter & a pound heavier! Which has seriously thinned out & slowed down considering.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane! How about some pictures of the cute roly poly!

BigP's Heather said...

YAY!! I LOVE fat babies!!!!

And I agree, those rolls do not look nearly as cute on me either! Not fair.

Cece said...

So Maggie jsut got back from her NINE month check up - 28 inches and 19 lbs. And I thought she was finally chubbing up! I think Cameron was about Hayden's size a 4 months. Chubby babies are awesome. And it is unfair that we applaud fat baby thighs and shun our own.

Oh - and don't let any little old lady stress you out that 'big' babies do everything later. Cam was 21 lbs at 6 months, and was walking by 10.