Sunday, January 11, 2009

Weekend Recap

The past few days have been crazy. We are in the middle of some of the happiest and some of the saddest times of our lives right now in addition to going through a lot of change. The news of Scott's death was such a shock, and obviously Jeramy and his family are very upset. We have a lot going on between the move, my return to work, and Jeramy's crazy 60 hour work weeks to keep us distracted. But in those quiet moments it can be tough to think about. I just keep thinking about how quickly life can do a 180 on you. It seems like often take those around of us for granted and find it easier to be short or sharp with them rather than kind. How easy it is for us to forget to tell others how much they mean to us.

My return to work last week went wonderfully. Each morning Jillian got up just after my shower and between Jeramy and I she got a bottle and diaper change. Then I head off and he drops Jillian off at his mom's on his way to work. I get home a couple hours before them in the evening since he is working 10 hours, and I'm using that extra time to get the house packed up for the move. It is strange to be home with just Cujo...that hasn't happened since before Jillian was born. Everybody at work was thrilled to see me (perhaps too happy even). Pictures of the little missy were in high demand, and I was more than happy to provide them. For the most part I was too busy to think about how much I missed her. If the first two days were an indicator, I'll be plenty content to be a working mom. Of course I feel like I'm still in a honeymoon period with work right now, so ask me how I feel again in a month!

The weekend was busy. I spent Saturday morning packing up the office. The I took Jillian over to see Jeramy's dad and stepmom's house to see if I could help distract them some from their sadness. A smiley Jillian helped a little bit perhaps. That evening we went to the bowling alley for a surprise party for our friend. Then after a late night we headed out for a 9am breakfast on Sunday with friends (which seemed horribly early when it shouldn't have) and then visited other friends in the afternoon. Oh and I squeezed in some laundry somewhere. I should have packed more. I should have cleaned more. I should have gotten the grocery shopping done. I really need to get me an "Alice" like the Brady Bunch had.

Anyhow here are some of the highlights from our weekend:
Jillian hanging out with her BFF, Becky

Hanging out with Daddy and Uncle Josh. She looks a little worried!

More interested in the bowling ball than giving us a smile

How she could sleep in all that noise is beyond me.

Dads and babies


Monica Fayth said...

Wow, sounds like a busy weekend! I love the pic of Jillian staring at the bowling ball. And as far as the sleeping with all the noise, I've heard that it's best to not try to keep it quiet when baby's sleeping so that she will be able to sleep when there's noise rather than being an extremely light sleeper.

CJ said...

I'm so glad that your first days back at work went well! I love those bowling pictures, especially her looking worried with Dad and Uncle, because she is usually smiling. :)

Kelly said...

I'm glad that work is going so well! You are one busy woman!! Yikes!

Love the pics:)

Nicky said...

Glad the return to work went smoothly! I need an Alice myself. :) I'm constantly complaining to my husband that I really need a wife....

tammy said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

I love the pictures! Have I mentioned you ahve the ctest little girl? She is just like a Cupie doll with hair.

KandiB said...

How was being at work all day w/o your sweetie? That's what I worry about the most...missing him/her. How do you keep your mind off of it and still be productive? It's still months off for me, but I worry about it all the time.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jen.
I also wanted to come out of lurkdom to tell you how much I have enjoyed following your blog over the past many months...I tagged you for an award. Check out my latest post. :)