Friday, October 3, 2008

Getting Anxious

I feel like I've been pretty patient so far, but after a week of being at home without a baby I'm starting to get pretty antsy. Today with the rain setting in outside, I was feeling rather depressed and claustrophobic and wondering if this baby would ever decide to arrive on her own. I have been feeling crampy for the past 24 hours, and then around noon I lost some of the mucous plug. This is probably TMI but I haven't been so excited over a vaginal discharge since first seeing egg-white cervical mucous after going off the pill. I immediately called Jeramy, who informed me that labor often starts within 1 to 3 days after losing the plug. Apparently he read that in a magazine. Let's just say that masculine-oriented reading material is severely lacking at the OB's office, and there is a whole lot of time to kill during those non-stress tests. So maybe we'll have a baby this weekend. I'd cross my fingers if they weren't so swollen.

Earlier in the day, I spent some time looking at old baby photos of Jeramy and myself and getting excited over who Jillian might look like. Here are some of the photos of each of us to serve as reference for after she arrives (they really scream the late 70's don't they!).

Me at 1/2 hour old...nice conehead, huh?

Me at 10 months old and still a bit of a baldy

Jeramy as a little baby. I think we look kind of similar, except his head is much nicer shaped (he was a c-section baby)

Jeramy a little bit older. He had some seriously gorgeous, thick locks.

15 comments:

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

I feel your frustration, my friend. Being overdue just sucks. But losing your mucus plug is a fantastic sign - it means that your cervix is dilating. That is great news!

Fingers crossed that Jillian will arrive soon (I LOVE her name BTW)

XOXOX

Birdee said...

I love picture time.
Keep us posted - even if it's just nothing.

Anyday now. Ohh I say - Sunday at 4:14 pm. =D

Sunny said...

I was crampy and lost my plug the night I went into labor... it is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER! :O

Oh, and I've never seen you in person of course, but I'm amazed at how much that newborn pic of you resembles your adult pics!

Jaime said...

Ahh, the orange shag carpet! Okay, so let Jillian know that it would be best if she makes her appearance tomorrow around 4pm. This will fit in my schedule perfectly :) Either way, we will drop everything and come see the new parents and baby :)

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! I can't believe losing part of your plug brought me to tears...It must be my own pregnancy hormones. I have been reading your blog throughout my pregnancy, we have a LOT in common! We are due November 30th, also with a little girl, but everything you have been writing about is makes everything feel so normal. Take care I am wishing you the best and hope your little girl gets here soon.

Geohde said...

Oh, you're so very close :)

ANd so very very uncomfortable, I'd bet.

Jillian will be here soon,

xx

J

George said...

YEAH!!! I hope labor starts for you soon...I can't wait for you to meet your little girl! You are going to fall in love over and over again every time you look at her!!!

Jennifer said...

the pics are adorable - your baby is going to be precious!!

good luck w/ the weekend laboring...fingers crossed for ya!

RBandRC said...

You are getting closer! Hang in there! Love the pics, too! :)

Ann said...

Yes, I hear you--I'm in the same place right now. I get excited over every tiny little contraction. The problem is, they only come in ones and twos!

jenn said...

I hope you are starting to get some progress now with the mucus plug going!

October 6 is a fantastic birthday (it's my mom's) and Libra's rule! (I of course am one!) Can't wait to see her- hope ~your~ wait is over soon!

Birdee said...

Well... guess not Sunday at 4:14 pm.
Hrm... My intuition says
Tuesday.
Girl
6lb 7 oz. 19" long.
Looks like Momma - Pink and Purdy.

Scarlet O'Kara said...

I keep checking back...waiting to see the "She's Here!" post. It should happen any time now...

Jaime said...

I talked to Jen last night and Jillian was still holding fort. She has an appointment this morning, so hopefully she will update you all soon!

If Jen does go into labor I will be sure to post on the most recent post to let you all know - I will let her share the pics and exciting stuff though :)

BTW - I'm Jen's sister and very excited soon-to-be auntie Jaime :)

s.e. said...

You guys must have created such a beautiful baby. Adorable pictures.

I hope no news is good news. Thinking about you and can't wait to send congrats your way!