Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This and That

Yes it is a pretty pathetic title for a post. But it is still the beginning of the work week, and I need to re-cap my weekend while feeling anything but creative.

Last Thursday, I had my 24 week OB appointment. Everything was very routine. Peed in a cup, weight, blood pressure (nice and low at 102/70), heart beat and belly measurement (coming in at 26 weeks but I was almost 25 at the time). I shared Jillian's name with my OB, who said she didn't think she'd delivered any babies with that name. Thank goodness. As a Jennifer, the last thing I wanted was to give my baby a common name, as I'm sure that my readership (50% of which are also Jennifers) can understand. I was also given a bottle of Glucola to drink prior to my 28 week appointment. I'm really dreading this test, as I'm not feeling very optimistic about my ability to pass it given my weight and family history of diabetes. So I'm sort of viewing these next few weeks as my last opportunity to enjoy carbs (which are pretty much all I eat), which I suppose is not exactly the healthiest attitude.

As I already mentioned, Jeramy was gone for the weekend. And while the house always feels a bit empty without him, I'm pretty good at entertaining myself. On Saturday, I got together with my long-time friend Jessie for lunch. As she has just gotten engaged, we had tons to talk about and I got to see the ring (classic and beautiful...good job Ben!). Her wedding will be September 20th, so I'll likely be quite pregnant for the event. So I guess I had better start shopping for a maternity-sized dress, although she is so laid back that she probably wouldn't care if I wore jeans to her wedding. If you've ever met Bridezilla, then imagine her polar opposite and you would have Jess (and I'm not just saying that because you read my blog, Jessie).

That night I picked up my sister and brother-in-law from the airport, which also ended my fur-niece Ellie's week and a half visit with us. Dog-sitting Ellie was fun as usual, although it is always eye-opening to see what it might be like to have a dog with energy. Here are a couple pics from her visit:
The look on Ellie's face here cracks me up. It's as if she's saying "yeah, I'm bad".

Ellie's favorite place to sleep. It wasn't particularly comfortable for Jeramy though.

11 comments:

Jaime said...

LOL. I love the first pic of Ellie and Cujo. I've seen that look before! It looks like she is trying to get her underbite as big as Cujo's! Now Cujo knows what it is like to have sibling!

Anonymous said...

you can wear whatever you want to my wedding....if you showed up in a mini skirt and fishnets i wouldn't even bat an eye!

CanadianMama said...

Dress shopping while pregnant is hard. I had a wedding to go to when I was about 35 weeks and I looked like a walrus wearing curtains. Good luck!
Those puppy pics are too cute :)

Nicky said...

Good luck with the glucola -- remember to stick it in the fridge before drinking it -- it tastes much better chilled.

nancy said...

What a cute doggie!! Glad you had a good weekend and a boring OB appointment.


Dress ... Did you see that Jcrew dress I got for the wedding I'm in? It's so perfect for being pregnant. But your belly is so big, I think the hemline would be much higher in the front then the back. You'd have to sew in some lace or something. My suggestion - go to Mimi Maternity. They are a little pricey, but I've gotten BAD ASS big maternity dresses there. Hell, I can even let you borrow one of mine if you want!

Monica Fayth said...

I'm a little nervous about GD as well. I know when I first did bloodwork a year ago, the doc mentioned it as a possibility b/c of my higher than normal bloodsugar. But I love carbs! Mac n cheese and mashed potatoes are a few of the foods that don't turn my stomach!

Kathy V said...

Sometimes it is nice to be by yourself for an evening or a weekend. Anytime john wants to go fishing I am all for it for a weekend. It is great to have him back when he comes home but it is nice when you get a chance to relax and be by yourself for a few days too.

I am glad the appointment went well.

George said...

Jillian is one of my favorite girl names - it was on my list if we were having a girl...but now I'm starting a boy name list instead.

I take my GD test on June 30 - they didn't give me anything to drink before I go...I figure I'll drink it when I get there.

Good luck with your test!

Cece said...

Blech - hope the test goes well. I'm trying to think of ways to aviod it myself.

Jamie said...

Those are the cutest pics!!

And you can add all the Jamie's in the world to the Jennifer's in knowing how bad it is to have a common name. My Hubby's roomate in college was Jamie (a man, though) and he likes to refer to us as his first roomate Jamie and his second roomate Jamie.

Jennifer said...

Woohoo for the uncommon names!
Love,
Jennifer :)

PS - I'm finally back online and playing blog catch up. Love the baby tattoos and Sheldon is ADORABLE!!!