Jillian did not throw up any more after my last post, which is probably because we didn't try to give her any more tylenol. Next time, Dr. M says we might try infants motrin to see if that sits with her belly better. Unfortunately now she has contracted another cold. Since she spends quite a bit of time with her two year old cousin everyday illness is going to be inevitable. I guess we have to build up her immune system sometime, so we might as well get it over with now.
The gal who works in the office next to me at work knit the most beautiful sweater for Jillian. I could only wish that my knitting was as nice as hers, but I lack her extreme attention to detail and determination for perfection. Here is Jillian modeling it:
Also, Jennifer over at Awaiting our First honored me with the Honest Scrap award that recognizes bloggers for great content and design. It was of course very sweet of her since I love reading her blog so much. It's so fun to watch her Julian grow and compare notes!
I'm never very good with awards and meme's and complying with their rules, but I'll try my best on this one. First I'm supposed to honor 7 other blogs (which is always tough because it seems like everybody else has already gotten the award by the time I get around to my post).
- C at Sunny in Seattle - She is funny in her blog AND in real-life. It doesn't hurt that Danny is adorable.
- Linda at All and Sundry - I am just one of many readers of this blog. Her take on parenthood is blunt and hilariously honest. Every post leaves me laughing.
- Kelly at Horses, Cats and Dogs - She has all those animals...seriously! Not to mention a little one on the way. I met her on WebMD message boards back when I began TTC, and her optimistic attitude even when faced with the worst of adveristies never ceases to amaze me.
- Cece at Child Bearing Hips - I'm pretty sure she might be super woman. She has a newborn AND still finds time to knit. I totally want to be her when I grow up.
- Tammy at Life, Love and the Pursuit of Normalcy - Another friend I met on the WebMD message boards. It seems like life just keeps handing one obstacle after another to Tam. Through it all I appreciate her sarcasm and sense of humor.
- Kandi at the Maniacal Mommy - Another Seattle area mom-to-be! I'm a recent follower of hers and for good reason. She's funny (obviously I place a high value on humor) and it is always so fun to hear from other local IF'ers.
- SE at Riding the Roller Coaster - For her unfailing support and continual efforts to look at the bright side despite the crap handed to her. Like so many facing a tougher road than me, I find her perserverence impressive.
1. I started dating Jeramy when I was 16 and wrecked my car by running a red light. As a bonus, he fixed my car.
2. I'm horrible at sports. I hate running, have absolutely no coordination, and am afraid of balls. (e.g. footballs or baseballs people. Get your minds out of the gutter already). My friend Jessie convinced me to play on her soccer team in middle school. I'm pretty sure she regretted that decision.
3. I went to the University of Washington but stayed only long enough to attend class since I was married and lived over an hour away. Luckily my sister, who was not a student there, attended the frat parties. So between the two of us, I think we got college covered.
4. I had the most horribly crooked teeth until my twenties when I finally got braces. It took 5 years and two jaw surgeries to fix them.
5. It's high time I bucked up, improved my eating habits and lost weight. I'm carrying around pregnancy weight on top of I can't get pregnant weight on top of grad school weight.
6. I'm socially inept. I had the hardest time making and keeping friends as a kid, especially in grade school. Even now I owe most of my social life to my husband.
7. I'm an incredibly picky eater. I prefer pizza, macaroni and cheese, pasta and grilled cheese sandwiches. Fruits are in but vegis are out. I eat like a preschooler. Have you ever ordered a beer and then asked for a kids menu? I have.
8. The only video game I was ever very good at is Tetris.
9. I'm a tad obsessed with Pride and Prejudice...the book and the BBC version of the movie. I just can't get enough of Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy.
10. I majored in chemistry in college, but it didn't work out as a career. My klutziness is just not compatible with working in a lab. Sulfuric acid burns hurt.
I know it said at least 10, but I'll spare you any further mundane details about me.