Monday, December 7, 2009

Jillian's Likes and Dislikes

Jillian turned 14 months old today. Here are a few things that she likes:
  • Food. Especially strawberries, cheese, potatoes, cheetos, and beef. And whatever mommy, daddy or Cujo is eating. Dog bones are considered a delicacy in Jillian's book.
  • Spinning in circles to get dizzy.
  • Climbing over the top of the couch to stand in the window sill.
  • Cujo. If only he felt the same.
  • Bedtime. Hallelujah!
  • Peek-a-boo.
  • Saying "mamamamamamamama." Finally!
  • Making a mess.
  • Spilling her milk onto the ground and then playing in it.
  • Showers.
  • Turning on the electric fireplace in mommy and daddy's room with the remote.
  • Smiling at strangers to make them think she likes them...until they want to hold her.
  • Tickles.
  • The book Hand Hand Fingers Thumb.
  • Songs with motions like the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and the Little Green Frog
Something Jillian does not like:


Is it wrong to love this picture so much?

By the way I finally, at 19 weeks, got around to adding a ticker for this pregnancy. The 2nd time around is a little different. Not because I am any less excited but rather because time is limited. Typing a post is impossible until after bedtime as Jillian likes to help you type. She has taught us computer commands that we never knew existed.

Also, the anatomy ultrasound is next Tuesday! I'm hoping not only for a healthy and happy baby but to get a glimpse of one particular part of the anatomy in particular. Any guesses as to what I'm having? There is a poll in the upper right corner. So far this pregnancy is just like my last one. Practically no symptoms at all. I keep forgetting that I'm even knocked up, although my growing belly is starting to make that more and more difficult.

9 comments:

Bud2400 said...

What kid doesn't like spinning around in circles until they're hopelessly dizzy? Remember when I was a 3 or 4 year old and did it all the time?

BTW I love that picture of Jillian with Santa. That's a classic you gotta frame.

Nicky said...

Cheese, spinning in circles, climbing over couches, using remotes... it's like we have the same child.

By the way: we find that taking the batteries out of the remote results in fewer fires. Also, it causes toddlers to quickly lose interest in the remote, and then you get to put the batteries back and use it yourself again.

Jamie said...

How fun! Overall it is a pretty long list of likes. Poor Cujo . . .

We took Skeeter for a Santa picture last week. I figure next year's picture will look a lot like yours!

George said...

Santa photo is hilarious!

I love the list of things she likes (and doens't like)...we haven't put Julian in the shower with us yet, I'll have to try that out with him! He loves cheetos too!

I'm so excited about your anatomy scan...I'm guess this is baby girl #2!!!!!!

Julie, Todd, Kate and Miles said...

What a cute pic with Santa! Good luck with your anatomy u/s on tuesday, too! I'm excited to hear what you're having.

Sunny said...

I am guessing boy. But then again, I am always wrong on gender predictions. So you are probably having a girl.

I just LOVE how much toddlers love their dogs. And how the dogs are less than thrilled about the toddlers (food donations aside). Evey drives me crazy for much of the day, so I get immense pleasure watching Bean love on the pooch. :)

BigP's Heather said...

I love this photo too!!

Barb said...

is it just as wrong if I find it hilarious too? ;-)

Kelly said...

That picture w/ Santa is hilarious!! That has Christmas card written all over it;)

I think its another girl!!